The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual screens, and popup calendar windows

Highlighted
danbiscuit
Super Collector

Dual screens, and popup calendar windows

All of our Service Desk staff have dual monitors.. the Service Desk staff want to put there HP Service Desk application on the 2nd (right) monitor.. however when they do this, when the little calendar appears (like when you click on Actual Finish and select a date) this calendar is staying on the left hand monitor.

The vertical height of the window is rightâ ¦ when its on the second screen, but the horizontal value is keeping it on the screen.

I have attached a screenshot so you know what I meanâ ¦

Anyone know how to fix it so that calendar pops up on whatever screen the Service Call is currently on?

Thanks,

Dan Spada.
5 REPLIES
danbiscuit
Super Collector

Re: Dual screens, and popup calendar windows

Oh this is 4.5, SP9.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Dan,

I do not have a specific answer to your question. However, we have found that the key pieces in any video difficulties are the version of the Java Virtual Machine you use together with the version of the video card driver.

You might experiment a bit with this to see if it has any impact.

-Josh
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Dan,
It depends on a couple things, windows OS?, what type of video card? I'm using NVIDIA reason I ask, when you have dual monitors, if you had screen A open on monitor A and screen B opened on monitor B when you close down screen A & B they remember their last position, so open a service desk window, size it, then close it from the screen you want it to open on next time you open the app. same with the calendar windows etc...

recap: when you close a window, where that window was last positioned is where the next window (same app) should open.

hth
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
danbiscuit
Super Collector

Sorry I must have not made myself clear.. its got nothing to do with remembering the window position when you open/close windows (although that has been a problem but thats a whole different story...)

What I am referring to is when you select a date on the 2nd monitor.. the calendar shoudl pop up directly where the mouse cursor is (like it does on the primary monitor).. however it seems that it doesnt know about the extra width of the screen area (because of the 2nd monitor) and makes it on the far right hand side of the primary/first monitor.

It is happening with everyone's PC, there are a few variations with vid cards etc..

My PC:
JVM 1.1.4
Sapphire Radeon X300SE 128MB (Driver ver: 6.14.10.6517)

One of our SD techs (who is looking at the problem with me) has the following specs:
JVM: v1.4.2_03
Model: Matrox Millennium G550 - English
Version: 5.92.6.0 (Date: 26/01/2004)
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Dan,
That is what I was saying. When you hit the calendar button on screen A, it opens on screen B, drag calendar pop up over to B and close out. Try opening the calendar again, depending on your video cards set up this should open every time now on screen B. If you open the calendar and select the date from screen A, the window closes there and thus remembers its possition. Make sense? Again, it may depend on your vid card settings, I'm using NVidia Desktop manager.
hth
Marc
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event