Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Does your company using OVSD51?

Highlighted
TornadoG
Frequent Contributor.

Does your company using OVSD51?

Hi guys,

Our company is going to upgrade the sd45 to sd51 because it has some good features such us SLA calculation, email notification to approval, etc. However, we encounter some issues of migration the data. Also, my boss worry about the reliability and performance.

If your company are using it, could you tell me if it is stable and how the performance is? i will be very glad to hear the experience from you. thanks
6 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Does your company using OVSD51?

Hello,

Stay AWAY from OVSD 5.1 unless the new service level management is crucial for you. Otherwise, OVSD 4.5 has more features, is faster and more stable.
menes fhtagn
Tim Schmitt_4
Honored Contributor.

We do not use Service Desk 5.1 but I concur with George- The general consensus is to stay away from Service Desk 5.1.

We've heard this message consistently from members of this forum and people we know in the industry who are familiar with 5.1.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

check with HP before hand for the end of life date for 5.x - I am sure it is the same as 4.5 so no extra benefit there. Also will the effort in upgrading to 5.x be worth it when OVSD 4.5 and 5 are to be phased out for a different application? I understand that moving to the new application may involve a lot of effort so you will have to move twice over a short period of time.

TornadoG
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks a million guys. I also realize that there are some issues of the migration. Instead of upgrade to OVSD51, which service pack should be applied in order to meet our requirement.

Our requirements are like
. MTTR Calculation
. An incident have to relate to many impacted services
. Incident to Incident relation; RFC to RFC; etc.
. Can send an email to RFC approval
.etc.

service pack 18 vs service pack 21, which service pack contains these kinds of new features?

We are going to make a decision next week. Apperciate for your kindly help.
Radovan Skolnik
Acclaimed Contributor.

* MTTR Calculation
Can be done

* An incident have to relate to many impacted services
Not possible in 4.5. Maybe could be done with generic Relations but than you would have to evaluate SLAs on your own.

* Incident to Incident relation; RFC to RFC; etc.
Possible with Generic Relations

* Can send an email to RFC approval
Can be done
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

service pack 18 vs service pack 21

If you are thinking about SP 18 you may as well go to the latest SP that is available to get the benefits of SP 19 & 20 and the bug fixes in the later Sp's.