The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to install web-api.jar so I can use it using tomcat?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jayel Villamin
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know how to install web-api.jar so I can use it using tomcat?

see title. Thank for the help
9 REPLIES
Ganesha Sridhar
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Does anyone know how to install web-api.jar so I can use it using tomcat?

By default web-api.jar is installed at
(On Windows) C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\webapps\sd-sp45\WEB-INF\lib
(On HP-UX) /opt/OV/sd/servicepages//webapps/sd-sp45/WEB-INF/lib/web-api.jar

The web-api.jar path can be set just by coping TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib (/opt/OV/sd/servicepages/common/lib) or (C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\common\lib).

More detail: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

Regards,
Ganesha Sridhara

Patricia_21
Regular Collector

Hi,

The web-api.jar is on the hpsd 4.5 cdrom in the api directory.
If you apply a patch, you must replace the initial web-api.jar by the web-api.jar in the api directory where files are extracted.
For example, on a windows server, if you have applied service pack 4,
the web-api.jar which is in x:\Documents and Settings\login name\Local Settings\Temp\service desk 4.5 service pack 4\api.

Regards,
Patricia
Chris Bailey_3
Honored Contributor

Jayel,

I believe that Ganesh is saying the same thing above, but I wanted to simplify. Take the web-api.jar file and place it in the "lib" folder of your Tomcat "webapp". Then, re-start the webapp in the "Manager" console, and you should be able to use the WebAPI. As mentioned, make sure you're pulling the .jar with the same Service Pack revision as the app server you intend to connect to.

Thanks,
Chris
Jayel Villamin
Occasional Contributor

Can someone send me a sample .jsp file that shows the web-api in action? if extra config files are needed, I would appreciate it very much if you could attached those as well.

Thank you in advance.
Chris Bailey_3
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

A while ago, I created an app to accept an XML doc over the web, parse it for values, and then create a service call based on those values. I have attached an example which contains only the method that uses the webAPI to create the service call.

Also, there are many good examples included with the webAPI documentation on the Service Desk CD. Look under "api"->"examples". There appear to be two examples consistently packaged with each Service Pack in the same directories as well.

There are no config files that you need to modify specifically for the webAPI to work.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Bailey_3
Honored Contributor

I apologize, it looks as if I forgot the attachment earlier.
Jayel Villamin
Occasional Contributor

Well I need to use the web-api.jar from a browser. We have developed a custom web application that we want to hook up to openview. and it seems using jsp is the way to go.
Jayel Villamin
Occasional Contributor

also how do I actually use the web-api.jar after copying it the directories mentioned above?

what config file do I need to edit? any chance of attaching a config file?

Thank you.
Chris Bailey_3
Honored Contributor

Jayel,

There is no config file. You use the two "import ...;" lines at the top of the program to import the webAPI packages into your JSP or Java class file.

Thanks,
Chris
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event