Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Work Order relationship(Predecessor-Successor) affect its Planned Start and Finish Dates

Highlighted
Anju
Regular Collector

Does Work Order relationship(Predecessor-Successor) affect its Planned Start and Finish Dates

Hello
Does anyone know if predecessor successor relationship of a work order affects its planned start and finish dates.
Thanks
Anju
2 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Does Work Order relationship(Predecessor-Successor) affect its Planned Start and Finish Dates

Hello Anju,

In theory when creating a change with workorders if the planned dates are set and you change something it prompts you to replan.

However the best planning can be done with db rules.

Create a rule that when planned finish is anything the update the successor's planned start to current items planned finish, provided of course that the successor starts only when its predecessor is closed.

If this is not the case, update successor to have the same planned dates as its predecessor.
menes fhtagn
Anju
Regular Collector

Re: Does Work Order relationship(Predecessor-Successor) affect its Planned Start and Finish Dates

Thanks George. But I guess i didnt frame the question correctly. I wanted to know if pred wo planned finish is pushed then does that push the planned start of the sucessor or not and if one successor has 2 predecessors then which pred change affects the sucessor and why. But I did few tests and learnt that if pred wo planned finish is pushed then it does push out the planned start of the sucessor and if one successor has 2 predecessors, then based on which pred was changed last the successor sets its planned start.
Anju
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event