Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Passwords for Integration Accounts Expire. If so how to work around it.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gerry Allardice
Honored Contributor

Do Passwords for Integration Accounts Expire. If so how to work around it.

When Service Desk is set to expire passwords, does this also apply to integration accounts as well.
If so, what methods have been used to get around integrations being interupted when the password expires.
2 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Do Passwords for Integration Accounts Expire. If so how to work around it.

Hi,

good question. I gave up using the integration accounts as generally there were one one or two named licenses floating around as sometimes the integration accounts didn't function 100%.

Anyway we had an API developed to send an email notification 14 days and 7 days before a password was due to expire and this went to the account email address (API got the details). We hard coded the OVSD admins support group into the code for the named licenses that were used for integrations.

While I can't offer you the code you could look at this an an example of what needed to be done. I can't comfirm if the integration accounts expire but you could test this quite easliy.

Ben Snell
Solution

Re: Do Passwords for Integration Accounts Expire. If so how to work around it.

There is another (and totally, completely unsupported way) of doing this. If you go to the accounts table in the database there is a date on which the password expires. Set this well in the future and your issue is solved. Please note modifications to your database other then through the app server can result in loss on HP support. You have been warned!

Ben
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event