The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying SER_4K2 field on Service Page

Highlighted
Vikas Chander T
Collector

Displaying SER_4K2 field on Service Page

Hi,
We have customized the Feedback page for Service Call, which takes the feedback from the User and saves it in the Service Call form at the backend.

I have added a Comments (ITSM_SER_4K2) field in the GUI and want to represent the same in Feedback Service Page. For the same I want to know the code what has to be written in Service Page, So that user can give comments and same can be seen on the GUI form of that service call.

If some one can state an example of how to achieve the same.

That would be great help.

Regards
Vikas Tatwani
"Experience is the toughest teacher as it takes Test first and gives lessons afterwards"
4 REPLIES
HPRB

Re: Displaying SER_4K2 field on Service Page

Hi Vikas,

You can't add fields to service pages.

Best Regards,
Rama
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

Actually, you can, you just have to modify SaveServiceCall.jsp, ViewEditServiceCall.jsp and maybe CreateServiceCall.jsp

I've attached an example how to do it. This adds ServiceCallCode1 and ServiceCallText1. Adding ServiceCall4k2 is identical to the code required for Text1.

Gyula
HPRB

hi Vikas,

Let me rephrase, you can't add field to service pages from the GUI. You can do it with webAPI.

Rgds,
RB
Robin Muilwijk
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

The zip file posted in this thread is corrupt for me when I download it.

Anyone else with a working example? I'm trying to add some fields to the service pages, just need an example to learn and implement.

Thanks Robin
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event