The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different deadline calculations for Faults vs Service Requests & Queries

Highlighted
Lisa M
Occasional Advisor

Different deadline calculations for Faults vs Service Requests & Queries

Hi,

Does anyone know how I would implement different calculation of deadlines for Faults to Service Requests & Queries? I can see that there is the Service call Priority Duration setting under Codes - Service Call. This only allows one set of calculations. I thought I might be able to do this with business rules but am not sure how I would over come the issue of new calculated dates falling on weekends because the business rules aren't reading business hours from the system. Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Lisa
3 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Different deadline calculations for Faults vs Service Requests & Queries

Hi
IF you are use SLM, then your way add some different Priorety in SL and now Priority will depended from selected SL from SLA, CI too supported SL and you also can use SL from CIs. The best way if you look on diagramm in "User guide" Chapter 11, p.174.
I spoke about v. 4.5, because don't know your version.

Vasily
Lisa M
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
Thanks for your response. I thought about implementing SLM but if I do won't that mean that different Services can have different deadline calculation rather than different categories of Service Calls having different deadline calculations?
Any advice to the contrary would be much appreciated.
Lisa
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Lisa,

Another approach is to use a different set of impacts and priorities for different categories of Service Calls. then you can put different durations on the pririties for requests and queries.

You can use a UI rule that only offers the relevant impacts once the category has been set.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event