Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Difference between service pages client and service pages web server

Highlighted
aks3183
Super Contributor.

Difference between service pages client and service pages web server

Hi,

In the installation guide from HP for installing service pages there are two different requirements given separately for service pages client and service pages web server. Can anybody explain me what is the difference between the two as i had an idea that both client and server for service pages are same. But the requirements specification for both client and server are different. So what approach i should follow while taking design into consideration. Both the things separate or as a single entity?
4 REPLIES
Mihai Tita
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Difference between service pages client and service pages web server

Hi,

Server is a web server where are installed Service Pages that are html pages. The server run Tomcat from the Apache Software Foundation.
Client users can open the service pages only using a web browser pointing at the Services Page URL.
No software is downloaded when the end user accesses a page.

So the client and server for service pages are not same.

Regards,
Mihai
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

you need to install the software for service pages on the server. Access to service pages is via a web browser pointing to a URL so no additional software requried for the client.

What pages in the install guide are you refering to?
aks3183
Super Contributor.

i am referring to page number 38 which specifies "Requirements"
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Akash,

that looks like the minimum requirements to run a browser and operating system which is spec'd very low.

So no extra software or hardware required for service pages client. If they can load a web page they should be ok with service pages.