Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you know that ?

Highlighted
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Did you know that ?

Hello people!

Today I feel like I rediscovered ancient wisdom! Probably some (or all) of you may know what I'm about to tell but I didn't and it came as a very very pleasant surprise!

Ok, the "discovery".

It is possible (at least at SP23 where I tested it) to use dynamically template in data exchange!

Yes, you can overwrite the predefined template used by the import mapping, just by adding "Template" as attribute (as reference to name)

(see the attached document)

I'm so happy!

Btw, using this method you can alter the template (without however altering the values - though I haven't tested it thoroughly) of existing items. If you wanted ever to get rid of a template without deleting items that used it, well, that's the method!
menes fhtagn
6 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: Did you know that ?

Thanks George, better than piling in with SQL to remove old templates. Bit of an odd one to leak through though? Perhaps it needs code to PREVENT it and HP designers never thought we'd try!

Hi George,

Thank you to share your discovery. Is very usefull for us at the moment of import CI's.

Regards,
Mariana
There's nothing impossible!
Colleen Talbert
Collector

George!

You're the best! We've just starting playing with sd_event for a bunch of our processes and this is going to come in VERY handy!! Thanks for sharing and finding those loop holes!

-Colleen
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

The great thing about this is that the template referenced in field mapping as mapped field is actually used! Its values are inserted, at least for the newly created items.

The ability to alter (without its values used) existing items is just an added bonus.
menes fhtagn
Dean Morrell
Frequent Visitor

yet again, George, you have my respect... and *WAY* too much time on your hands! =)
-d
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but they still have some REALLY FUN ideas.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

...There was a minor error (wrong first screenshot) in the attached document. Here is the correct.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event