Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Diary Log Advanced Find

Highlighted
Jason C. Basket
Trusted Contributor.

Diary Log Advanced Find

I have a 64KB field that I am using as a diary log. I have created the custom field and activated it and have DB rules to concatenate data to it. All work great, but the field does not show up as a available field in advanced find. Is this by default and can it be added??

Jason
5 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Diary Log Advanced Find

Hi Jason,

the 64K text field in not searchable under the advanced find function.It is a restriction.
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Jason - as Mark said. But it IS searchable in V5. I had a feeling that some later V4.5 service packs may have made it searchable too, but I can't find that info.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

The reason being, 64k fields can hold large amount of data and a search on this field may take a longer duration to provide results. Probably the memory structure of the app server in v 4.5 is not capable of handling those types of searches on a large OVSD database. It might have just got better in SD 5.0

-Ram
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Jason,

You can search this using sd_dataform for example using:

sd_dataform -ListAlways "Service Call" "Name of 64Kb field[Contains]text you want to search on"

You could then set up a smart action to do this.

There are several posts on using sd_dataform and it is documented in chap 5 of the Admin Guide but if you want more advice just ask.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jason C. Basket
Trusted Contributor.

I will have to look at the smart action to see if this will work or not...