Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Define role in OVSD 4.5

Highlighted
Patrick Gosseye
Valued Contributor.

Define role in OVSD 4.5

Hello,
What I want todo is to find a way where only the user who are assigned to the group can view the service calls. I can do that at create a new role but it is not so easy, I explaine it more in details:
For example you have 2 workgroups A and B.
A call has been created and escalated to workgroup A. For some reason the workgroup A assigned this call to workgroup B. This workgroup B solved the problem and closed the service call.Now, when I use the role and set the view/modify to 'when assigned to user's workgroup' and workgroup will view also the service call who are gone from A to B is it not possible.
My question: Is there someone who have any idea to have this functionality that when a issue as been passed from A to B and B has resolved the issue , A can have access to this issue to have an idea what B have done to resolve the problem.

Regards,
Patrick
4 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Define role in OVSD 4.5

You mentioned you are using a Role in which it is not possible to view items gone from A to B but did not specify which.

Is Workgroup A configured to view Service Calls if not assigned to them? If not, then you might want to give that a try.

If you don't want Workgroup A to be able to view the Service Calls while Workgroup B works on them, have Workgroup B users re-assign the SC to Workgroup A when they complete their work. I guess you could also automate this.

Now, there are a million ways to let Workgroup A users know what Workgroup B users did, such as sending an e-mail via DB Rule with the Solution field contents.

It's all a matter of configuration and workflow and it should be fairly easy.

Hope this helps.
Points and pints are welcome.

The Pike
Patrick Gosseye
Valued Contributor.

Hi,

What I want todo is the following:
You have workgroup A and B.
When a SC as created and this call will be assigned to someone of workgroup A, but he cannot solve the problem so he will redirect the SC to workgroup B.
Workgroup B solve the problem and close the SC.
A fiew day's/weeks later someone craete a new SC and assigned them to workgroup A.
New this workgroup want to view via advanced find to all the SC of his group, but my question is how can I find a way that workgroup A can see all the SC not only this one from his workgroup but also them from who are solved from workgroup B and this only who are first been assigned to workgroup A and only them.
That means first of all that workgroup A cannot view the SC from workgroup B and vice versa, but in exeption all the SC who are first been assigned to the workgroup who wants to view them.

Regards,
Patrick
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Patrick,

There is no "previously assigned to Workgroup" security mechanism in Service Desk.

A different security mechanism such as Folder Entitlement can be used to allow view access to certain sets of data to different Roles.

You will probably still have to allow Workgroup A to view SCs that are not assigned to them. But Folder Entitlement can take care of defining which items Workgroups A and B have access to, if you define, say, Folder A, Folder B and Folder AB. Catch my drift?

There is more information on Folder Entitlement in the User Guide (p. 63) and in the Admin Guide (p. 67 - 71).

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike
Rajesh Nair
Outstanding Contributor.

Use the FAQ functionality of Servicecall to build a knowledge DB.

You can create different FAQ categories & then ask the engineer who is closing the call to select the appropriate FAQ category.

When someone wants to view the solution, he can do the ADVANCED FIND on FAQ field & see the solution.

Regards

Rajesh
(Points are Welcome)