cancel

Default view/form in sd_dataform.bat

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Default view/form in sd_dataform.bat

I am using sd_dataform.bat in a smart action which displays CIs of a particular category. The argument used is "listalways". I want to know which view is used by default to display the results. Irrespective of the form I specify in the command line a default search result box is displayed which has 2 columns - search code and name. I checked but did not find any view having only these 2 columns. Also checked search options (both quick and advanced). In both the setting is to display even other fields like category, status. But those are not displayed and only name,search code is displayed whenever sd_dataform.bat is executed.
In the past I made some setting to disaply only search code in the result box of sd_dataform but now I cannot remember where and what i did to achieve it.
Can someone help me understand how to display only 1 field in search box of sd_dataform.
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Default view/form in sd_dataform.bat

Hi,

could you please check again. From memory I think that the attributes set to be shown as the Quick Find view are also the attributes shown for the sd_dataform.bat - listalways command.
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Hi,
I checked it again.
There is no effect of changing the quick view settings. I tried by changin 2 different settings in quick view, but the resulting view in sd_dataform.bat still remains the same. See attached document for snapshots.
Regards,
Bhuvnesh
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Hi Sir,

What I could understand from your problen is that your action generates a list of CI's with selected category.Right?

Well I tried the same in SD 4.5 sp13 using sd_dataform.bat and it worked perfectly fine here.If yours problem is the same as understood by me then you just need to play with "View for find results" option in the Search option rather than quick view option.Make a view in which you want to defined fields and filters and attach that with it.It will work like magic :-)

Hope this helps.

BR,
Akhil
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I tested this recently on 4.5 no SP's installed. I changed the "View for find results" option in the Search option but it didn't have any effect. I know this should work as Akhil has mentioned but have to say it doesn't appear to work with no SP's installed.

So what SP do you have installed?
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

I think it uses whatever view the user has as their default view; a quck test seems to confirm this. I think that this in turn means that you cannot restrict in the way you want.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Hi Akhil,

You are right. It is "view for find results" which is used by listalways option of sd_dataform.bat.
Is it possible somehow to define a different view to be used in sd_dataform rather than view from this setting?
Through sd_dataform.bat I want to display only the search code of the CI. But if I crete and define such a view in "find results" then that becomes the default view for displaying any search. Though users can change it in search window, it is not easy to convince the users to do that.
On the other hand, I can not display more columns in sd_dataform becuase I want users to drag and drop a record from results window of sd_dataform and drop it in a text box of CI form. I have created some business logic to handle this input. Addition of other columns has impact on this logic.
Hence I need to know whether there is a way to set different search views for sd_dataform and normal search operations in GUI.
Hoping for some inovative suggestions.