Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Date/Time Calculations with DB Rules

Highlighted
Marco Antonio G
Super Contributor.

Date/Time Calculations with DB Rules

Greetings,

I would like to know if, when performing a Data Update action in a DB Rule that deals with Date/Time fields, in particular custom fields, if the Working Hours defined in Service Level will be take into account.

Example:

I have a field called Assignment Date and I would like to create another custom field that will receive the result of Actutal Finish - Assigment date, under certain conditions.

So my question is, will this result take into account the working hours defined in the Service Level or not?

If not, is there an alternative that won't require me to use my "magical excel spreadsheet"? :P
4 REPLIES
Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Re: Date/Time Calculations with DB Rules

Hi,
Your idea get confused.

What you want to know is,the Actual Finish date filed will capture the time in defined SLA or NOT ??
Is this your requirement ???

If it is then the simple answer...
NO.... it will depends on the time, when ur call gets resolved / completed. It will take that actual finish DATE and TIME.

Suppose, You have supporting hrs from 9 am to 5 PM. Accordingly your SLA will be set.

But if the Call gets finish by the engineer at 8 PM and same time if your DB rule which is set to capture the actual finish is configured as

When the Status Equals to Complete / resolve

Capture the ACTUAL FINISH field with Current date.

Then your ACTUAL FINISH field will show the time of 8 PM and not the next day (As per the SLA)
Marco Antonio G
Super Contributor.

Here, let me explain myself a little better:

I know that certain "duration" fields in SD take into account the defined SLA Working Hours, like Open Duration, Actual Duration etc.

What I would like to do is calculate the time elapsed fromthe Assignment Date/Time (custom field set when a call is assigned to a workgroup) and the Actual Finish (set when the call receives a closed/resolved status).

If I create a custom date/time field, I could try to hav it set via DB rule so that it will perform a Data Update action and assign to it the value of Actual Finish MINUS Assignment Date/Time, i.e. a "duration value".

So my question is, will this mathematical operation take into account the SLA hours, like the default Duration Fields in SC, or would this difference have to be worked out manually?
Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Got your Idea.

Sorry dude, not having idea about it. Hope Mark O'Loughlin will explaine more clearly..

Mark O'Loughlin ... Your help please.

Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Got the Idea.

But sorry dude, i m not having idea about this functionality.

Hope Mark O'Loughlin will help more....

Mark O'Loughlin need your help plz....