cancel

Date = Date + Duration ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Date = Date + Duration ?

I have seen references in this forum to various workarounds exploiting undocumented "features" of OVSD that extend the calculation abilities of rules.

Does any such "feature" exists that allows me to add a duration to a date in order to get another duration? I want to calculate the end date of a CI warranty by adding the warranty duration to the invoice date.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh
8 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Date = Date + Duration ?

Hello Josiah,

I tried every combination I could imagine but it seems to be impossible to do this thing in service desk. It would make a nice ER and I would surely vote for that. For present you have to rely on external system if you want this functionality.
menes fhtagn
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Josiah.
That possible only if you will use external programm(script), if you known Java,perl or somthing else.

Vassili
Michael Lutfi
Outstanding Contributor.

We had the same issue except ours was even more complex we had to recalculate Deadline by adding waiting duration keeping support hours in mind....and yes as everyone else has posted there was only one way to do it and that is to write some java and call it from DB rules....so best advice roll up your sleeve and get down to business the api's documentation will help ofcourse...
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Michael,

You wouldn't have a shareable slice of code that does this, would you?

-Josh
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Michael Lutfi
Outstanding Contributor.

please may i have your e-mail we can discuss solution and some methods i will check if this code is shareable...
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI
my email -> @.

Vassili
Pinion
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Vassili,

Please help to send me the script as well, I'm looking for it.

Kriengsak.lomket@gmail.com

bR,
Krieng.
-/\-