Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Database rule

Highlighted
CA1501973
Honored Contributor.

Database rule

Hi,

System handle is service desk 4.5 on windows platform.

I have written one db rule to execute banner.exe. Rule is given below:

When service call is modified
where Caller;Search code starts with VNAREND
AND Priority equals Privileged User
AND Status equals In Progress, Schedule the validation of this condition at 3 minutes After Registration;Created
testing for notification for status in progress (Command Exec Action) , testing for notification for privileged users, Host: bd528b.eserveglobal.com, Command line: C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\agent\bin\BANNER.exe, Parameters: Testing please ignore. this is in progress

[ID]

I want if status is still "In progress" aftre every 3 mins banner should come. Please do let me knwo what should be done.

Crystenia

6 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Database rule

Hello Crystenia,

First, scheduled tasks should be used with chariness because they tend to load the system.

Anyhoo, the way you composed the rule you're gonna have troubles. Each time a ticket is modified where Caller;Search code starts with VNAREND and Priority equals Privileged User and Status equals In Progress then a scheduled task will be generated... in past!

You should use scheduled task in conjunction with "evaluate this rule when this field has been changed".

In your case

AND Priority equals Privileged User and Status (*) equals In Progress Schedule the validation of this condition at 3 minutes After Registration;Modified, Only execute once
menes fhtagn
CA1501973
Honored Contributor.

Hi George,

I appreciate the suggstion given by you. But as required by management privileged users should be a given a special attenstion.

If their call is not resolved within specified time, banner shoudl come to IT service desk after every 3 mins whcih si not happening. banner comes but only once.

crystenia
Arjan Koning
Super Contributor.

The scheduled task should in this case be extended by an update of the record which will in its turn be the trigger for the next scheduled action..

Arjan
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Crystenia,

If you want to repeat the banner every 3 minutes, I would use a custom date time field as follows:

AND Priority(*) equals Privileged User
Action: set this custom date/time field to now

Then have a second DB rule which says:
where custom date/time field(*) is not empty
and Status equals In Progress scheduled 3 minutes after custom date/time field, only execute once.
Action; banner and update data set custom date time field to current time.

But test it very carefullY!

Hope this helps, Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
CA1501973
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for your information.

But banner is comign only once.
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Crystenia,

I think you need to do some diagnostics.

First, do you have rule debug switched on and what does the logserver.txt say?

Second, put the custom date/time field I proposed on the form and check it is changing every 3 minutes.

Finally if these do not help, post screen shots of your rule.

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net