Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from SD to Crystal Reports IX

Highlighted
Bo Pyskow
Collector

Data from SD to Crystal Reports IX

I am making reports on incidents in Crystal Reports XI. And i need to group by the CI.

The CI table in the SD database is, as far as i can see, called INC_OID.

This table consists of numbers only, like: 281,479,011,041,357.00

I need to get something usefull out of this, so that the CI is shown in letters.

Does anyone have any kind of experience, knowledge or a formular on how th do this.

PLease ask if you need more explanation.

Bo Pyskow
8 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Data from SD to Crystal Reports IX

Hello Bo,

In order to be able to create reports with a report tools first you must be familiarized with the database.

Start by having a look at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1080043

menes fhtagn
Bo Pyskow
Collector

Yes....but im not actually sure what you are telling me :-)

I am a nondeveloper :-)

All the code in your post, what should i do with that ? I cant just put it in the formula writer in CR, it wont accept it.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Bo,

This is the query that fetches fields from service desk entities and the relations between them. It's for educational use, to help you familiarize with the structure of the sd database. If you don't understand the structure you won't be able to create reports.
menes fhtagn
Bo Pyskow
Collector

Well, they dont teach the database structure at the 5 day course i was on :-)

So help me out please. How do i run the query. What do i need to do in order to get this data out, ad into a report.

I have a formular that im using towards HPOVO, and there its possible. I have tried to modify it, but it doesnt work.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Bo,

The tables itsm_incidents (inc) and itsm_configuration_items (cit) are joined on the fields inc.inc_cit_oid=cit.cit_oid

You must insert these two tables on the report, specify the link between them (left outer join, in case that an incident is without a ci). On the report insert what BUILD_IN fields of CI you like. If you want to also fetch custom fields of the CI, then you must instert the table "itsm_cit_custom_fields" (ccf) and the join is cit.cit_oid=ccf.ccf_cit_oid.
menes fhtagn
Dylan Vrind
Acclaimed Contributor

Hello Bo,

Pls. take a look at the solution that Westbury offers regarding reporting.

http://www.westbury-it.com/wm.cgi?keywords=;id=109

Service Desk Intelligence offers 80 plus out of the box reports. This solution is tailor made and especially developed for HP Service Desk.

You can also contact me directly at dylan.vrind@westbury-it.com for more information.

Kind regards
Dylan
Terry A. Moir
Esteemed Contributor

Not a solution for your CR question, but why not just create a report by constructing a table view, and export / import to Lotus, or something similar?

Terry
Tim Schmitt_4
Frequent Visitor

The other thing that may help is if you have the system admins generate views using the admin panel. The system can generate a number of views (using analyzed data, I think) that would make reporting a lot simpler, as the views contains the data as it appears in the call so you would not need to build joins.

The disadvantage is that you canot control the fields which are in the views so if you need an additional column that is not in the view, you would be back to square 1.

Tim
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event