Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Data exchange skips item

Highlighted
Pritam Majumder
Respected Contributor.

Data exchange skips item

Hi All
I am facing a challenge on data exchange. We have connect-It integrating HPSD 4.5 and Perigrine Service Centre. We transfer tickets from HPSD through connect-it to Service centre and create a ticket in SC. Any update made on th SC ticket is transferred back to us by connect-it. The updates are then stored in an XML file. Ther is one script which runs in 1 minute interval and does a data exchange process and updates the XMLs into HPSD.
Some time we have observed the data exchange has not happened for some of the tickets although the entries are present in the XML file.
Can any body suggest what can be done in this scenario?
7 REPLIES
Ondra Ernyei
Honored Contributor.

Re: Data exchange skips item

Hello,

it could be that the item didn't meet some requirements as i.e. required fields.

Is there anything interesting in the import log ?

Ondra
Pritam Majumder
Respected Contributor.

Actually what happens, out of 5 values present in the xml file 4 are processed and 1 is left. Also this is random in nature and there is no entry in the data exchange log.
Any thought?
Ondra Ernyei
Honored Contributor.

Hi Pritam,

please attach the export ini file you're using for this data exchange task.

Ondra
Pritam Majumder
Respected Contributor.

We do not have any ini file for the data exchange. I guess ini file is needed to convert the data into xml. We are creating the xml with connect-it, then we have a shell script which is cntinuaously running and doing the delta data exchange in 1 minute interval.
Peter Foreman
Respected Contributor.

Possibly creating an intermediate file output from the connect-it process and have ini file.
However, we have come across similar import errors with ACES where unprintable characters have been included into the text to be imported and the ACES fails.
Pritam Majumder
Respected Contributor.

Thank you Peter.
What kind of special character was there which was causing the ACES error? actually we are not having any error during the DE process. Simply 1 out of 10 ticket is ignored for data exchange.
Also what do you mean by a intermediate file? we are not having any ini file for import with DE. Connect-it is writing the updates in the XML file with the specific format, and the same is being data exchanged in the next update cycle.
Peter Foreman
Respected Contributor.

The exact values escape me at the moment but they were a result of a copy paste from Microsoft documents into the text fields in Sd. I think the characters were outside the ASCII character range. After being exported the import failed in ACES.
The intermediate file could be a CSV file with the fields created from connect-it. This way the Data exchange eport using an ini file will form the XML in the format needed to be imported into SD using the import mapping.