cancel

Data Migration in SD4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
julian Renecke
Frequent Contributor.

Data Migration in SD4.5

I having isssues importing organizational data, parent child relationships into sevice desk on SQL database. I am receiveing all sorts of errors when doing the import, is there anybody that has succefully done this wo can help me please.
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES
Ganesha Sridhar
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Data Migration in SD4.5

Hello,

Please check the attachment.

If you can provide import/export log it is very helpful in giving good solution.

HTH

Regards
Ganesha Sridhara
julian Renecke
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,
Thanks in advance. Here is a copy of .ini import mappings file. If you give me an email address i can snd the other files.
julian Renecke
Frequent Contributor.

here is the excel spread sheet. I can create the xml file without any errors but it does not work when importing into database. the import mappins file has only 3 fileds seachcode name1 and parent and seachcode is my unique key.
Misaq
Acclaimed Contributor.

Could you also attach import/import_error logs as well as export ones..
julian Renecke
Frequent Contributor.

Sorry here is the import eror log. I dont have an export log. I extract to excel cleaned the data then moved it to xml and did import.
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Hi Julian,

I don't understand the lack of an export log. Normally you would have an ODBC Data Source set up to the excel file and then the data exchange export will use the ini file to create the XML in the correct format.

Can you attach the XML?

But looking at the import log the orgs already exist and it is only the setting the parent that is failing??? Check that the import mapping for the Parent field is a "Reference" to the Name field as Parent in the excel is listed using the name not the searchcode.

Reference is the drop down list shown below - it tells the import that you are providing the Parents Name so it can find the right one.

Cheers