Did you mean: 

Data Import related query

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Smitha Sajeev
Collector

Data Import related query

When I'm trying to import data i.e when I'm clicking start button in the Data Exchange Task window I'm getting an error -Could not find the install folder. Start the Program from the product folder. Can you pls. help me.
6 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Data Import related query

Please check your JAVA_HOME environmental variable. Also check whether SD_SERVER_HOME is is the PATH of your env settings.

-Ram
Smitha Sajeev
Collector

Hi Ram

I'm treying to do dataexchange from client. So where i'll check the details of SD_HOME? Can you pls. explain me the whole procedure of Data Exchange?

Regards
Smitha.
Anda Apine

What is source of data?
Are you exporting from excel file od database?
Can you add .ini file?

Anda
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Hello,

We also have seen this problem. It only occurs for us after already succeeding in performing a DE task.

Logging out and logging in resolves it.

This is just one of the MANY minor annoyances in OVSD with which we have learned to live.

-Josh
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi there,

There was an error at one time when this is was caused by a file in the root folder on the client machine - user_settings.xml.

So check to see if there is a file called user_settings.xml in c:\ and if so, rename it and see if it is OK now.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Smitha Sajeev
Collector

Hi All,

Thank u for giving me the support. Now the Data Exchange is working fine.

As Ruth said there was a user_settings.xml in c:\. Instead of renaming that file I pasted the same file from install folder. Then the issue has been solved. But I'm not able to understand why it is taking from c:\ instead of install folder and also if I rename that file after trying for data exchange it is creating another user_settings.xml file.

-Smitha.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event