Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Data Exchange problem - SD 4.5

Highlighted
Matt Pittman
Super Contributor.

Data Exchange problem - SD 4.5

I run a nightly import/update for all of my organizations.

I have a field called Source ID and this field is set for the key binding so that it does not create duplicate records for the same organization.

Recently I started to "block" some old outdated Organizations that no longer exist within my company, however we still keep them in our records for history purposes. When I block them they no longer show up in the list for service calls, this is good, that is what we wanted.

The problems is, when the nightly import/update runs it creates a new organziation record with the same Source ID number. So, now duplicate records are getting created for all of the Organizations that I have blocked. Why is this? If I unblock the organization, it does not get duplicated.

Please help.
5 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Data Exchange problem - SD 4.5

Hi there,

You could do another 2 data exchange imports - 1 before this to unblock and another after to block?

Hope this helps. Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Matt Pittman
Super Contributor.

why does blocking have anything to do with Data exchange imports? Can't it see that a record already exists with that source ID?
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Matt,

I've seen something similar before, and it seems to be a known problem:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/ITSM008306

But the document says it was resolved in SP18, what SP are you?

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Matt Pittman
Super Contributor.

:( I'm on SP17. Crap.
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Matt,

If you can confirm that your issue is the same detailed in that ITSM008306, maybe you can ask HP support if they already have a HotFix for the same for SP17.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager