The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Exchange Question

Highlighted
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Data Exchange Question

Hello again all,

Set the stage:
- Organization Category field in OVSD has been imported that is 5 levels deep (Parent Org, child1, child2, etc..)
- Locations have been imported

Now I want to import person records w/ the relation to their respected ORG, but how would I do it so it maps to say the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc level deep in the Organization category field???

How would one do this mapping?

Thank you for your time all
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
3 REPLIES
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Re: Data Exchange Question

One thing to mention this is SD5.1
Ben Snell

Hi

You would map onto the level that is appropriate so:

Org Level 1
->>>>>>> Org Level 2
->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Org Level 3

You would map to the correct level. When you open the Person record it will show the Persons Org at the level you have connected it and then the parent, grand parent etc above it.

One thing to be aware of is that if you have multiple Orgs with the name (or whatever field you are keying the Data Exchange into) then the load for that Person will fail as it will not know which Org to connect it to.

Regards
Ben
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Ok, I think I see where you're going with that. Could you provide a sample text for mapping 1 person record to an Org at the 4th level. Like it should look in an ini file?

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event