Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Exchange Problems

Highlighted
Leandro Costa_3
Occasional Advisor

Data Exchange Problems

Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie in this forum and also to Service Desk. I have only been dealing with it for a little over a month now.

I am uploading the database via creating an ODBC in .xls files.

Well, yesterday after the database guys finished replicating the main database into the development base, I was trying to load some data, exactly as I used to do it before and I got this message:

ERROR: Parser error: com.hp.ifc.ext.ExternalException: Unknown external application: APPNAME

Does anyone know what could've caused this and how to fix it?

Thank you for your attention,

Leandro
6 REPLIES
Michael Lutfi
Frequent Visitor

Re: Data Exchange Problems

Leandro please post your .ini file this error is usually solved from there...
Leandro Costa_3
Occasional Advisor

Re: Data Exchange Problems

Here's the .ini file. I don't think it might be the answer, since I've formated this file exactly like I've done with other files before and they worked fine.


[DSN]
NAME=MONITORESEB1
USR=
PWD=

[SYSTEM]
LOG=TRUE
XML=TRUE
DUMP=FALSE
TXT=FALSE
LOG_FILE=MONITORESEB1.log
XML_OUTPUT_FILE=MONITORESEB1.xml
APPLICATION_NAME=MONITORESEB1

[CLASSES]
NAME=MONITORESEB1

[MONITORESEB1]
SOURCE=[MONITORESEB1]
ATT=[SEARCH_CODE], [PATRIMONIAL], [NUM_SERIE], [NUM_ENCOMENDA]
COLUMNS=[SEARCH_CODE], [PATRIMONIAL], [NUM_SERIE], [NUM_ENCOMENDA]
LOADTABLE=TRUE



I try to keep it simple so as not to confuse myself. As I said, I'm new with this tool.
Mahmood Khan_1
Collector

Re: Data Exchange Problems

Leandro -
In your xls file did you provide the function name for the data set you are trying to import ?
This is how I usually do with the XLS files
1. Define the function name for the data set
2. Create the ODBC connection for the xls file
3. Use the ECW to generate the XML file
4. Define the data-mapping in Service Desk
5. Run the Data Exchange.

I hope this helps
Nick Brace
Occasional Visitor

Re: Data Exchange Problems

Leandro,

looking at your ini file I notice that you have not defined a source in your "COLUMNS" section. Your example is below, what I think it should look something like is below the line. (Obviously I do not know the name of the source or the attributes you are trying to export, but I hope you get the idea.)

[MONITORESEB1]
SOURCE=[MONITORESEB1]
ATT=[SEARCH_CODE], [PATRIMONIAL], [NUM_SERIE], [NUM_ENCOMENDA]
COLUMNS=[SEARCH_CODE], [PATRIMONIAL], [NUM_SERIE], [NUM_ENCOMENDA]
LOADTABLE=TRUE

___________________________________

[MONITORESEB1]
SOURCE=[MONITORESEB1]
ATT=[SEARCH_CODE], [PATRIMONIAL], [NUM_SERIE], [NUM_ENCOMENDA]
COLUMNS=[source].[searchcode] AS[SEARCH_CODE], [source].[patrimonial] AS[PATRIMONIAL], [source].[num_serie] AS [NUM_SERIE], [source].[num_encomenda] AS [NUM_ENCOMENDA]
LOADTABLE=TRUE


Hope this helps?

Nick
Pint of Carlsberg please?
Leandro Costa_3
Occasional Advisor

Re: Data Exchange Problems

Yes, I didn't forget to define the name in the XLS file.

The procedures I use are almost the same.

Ecw hasn't been working nicelly to me latelly, so I generate the xml and edit the ini file usually through the data exchange on Service Desk itself.

I really never had a problem with that ini file format, of not actually specifying the source in the columns field, but I'll give it a shot.

Thank you very much for your attention, fellas. I'll check back and report what happens.
Leandro Costa_3
Occasional Advisor

Re: Data Exchange Problems

It worked fine by specifying the source as below:


[MONITORESEB1]
SOURCE=[MONITORESEB1]
ATT=[MONITORESEB1_SEARCH_CODE], [MONITORESEB1_PATRIMONIAL], [MONITORESEB1_NUM_SERIE], [MONITORESEB1_NUM_ENCOMENDA]
COLUMNS=[MONITORESEB1].[SEARCH_CODE] AS [MONITORESEB1_SEARCH_CODE], [MONITORESEB1].[PATRIMONIAL] AS [MONITORESEB1_PATRIMONIAL], [MONITORESEB1].[NUM_SERIE] AS [MONITORESEB1_NUM_SERIE], [MONITORESEB1].[NUM_ENCOMENDA] AS [MONITORESEB1_NUM_ENCOMENDA]
LOADTABLE=TRUE

I used the ecw to generate the ini file as opposed to what I used to do. Assemblying it by hand.

But it didn't generate the desired effect, but at least the loading problem was solved.

Thank you very much for pointing the lack of the source in the .ini file.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event