DST strangeness

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Craig R Taylor
Collector

DST strangeness

Hello folks,

We are running Service Desk 4.5 Sp 11 in our organization. We have a rule that writes the Current Time value to a activity log as a time stamp. This value is one hour behind. The history log however shows the correct time.

Our primary time zone is Mountain time. We have applied the patches for the OS, Service Desk, and for Java. It appears to be not occuring in our development environment but does occur in production and in our test environments.

Can someone suggest some ways of troubleshooting this?
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
6 REPLIES
Rory Emmans
Solution

Re: DST strangeness

Check your serverlog and see what version of Java is starting when you restart the server service. I am experiencng the same thing right now. My system is not reconizing the new version of jre I am using. I was able to modify / hack the registry to point to the new java version>reinstall the sd service.bat and it now works on my test system. I am looking for a cleaner way than going into the registry on my Production system
Nathan Brand
Super Collector

HI,
did you patch SDSK_00106
its on DST at USA.
Rory Emmans

HP merged a DST hotifx for specific for our environment
Nathan Brand
Super Collector

check the registry values on both machine
see if there is different on the values you need.
its on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\....

Craig R Taylor
Collector

It appears when we updated the JDK/JRE it created a second version and didn't replace the original. (i.e We have 1.3.1-03 AND 1.3.1-19 on the box). We had to uninstall the old version, reinstall the newer version, run the "reinstallservice.bat" and "reinstalltomcatservice.bat" files then reboot.
Craig R Taylor
Collector

I found the solution
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event