Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

DST patch rollout plan

Highlighted
Craig R Taylor
Honored Contributor.

DST patch rollout plan

Hello all,

I wondering how other people approached the rollout of the DST patches for HPSD. We are using HPSD 4.5 sp 11 currently so we will need to upgrade. From my understanding
- the client can't be upgraded through a hotfix
- a new JVM is required if you are using an older one (I don't recall the cutoff)
- the OS may need to be patched (client and server)
- any java code needs to be recompiled and redeployed
Aside from these notes, is there anything else I should be aware of? What have other people done in terms of getting the patch to the client machines?

Any info you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Craig
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
5 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: DST patch rollout plan

HI
Your SP must have "remote updater" functionalities. Just use that for automatic update the client and not need any more.

Vasily
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

note that the DST changes is only supported for certain SP's. HP may be able to provide a hotfix for some of the later SP's

Also you will have to test your system against the DST change and the changes introduced with the SP's.

If you are going to a SP 16 or higher you will also have to migtrate your attachments which requires a perl install and a migration of attachments.
kcarson
Respected Contributor.

HP send us a Hotfix for SD 4.5 SP 20, however they also told us:
"Remote Updater would copy the file to a different folder. The file must be manually copied in every client PC to the path specified in the instructions you received. Unfortunately, this is listed as a limitation of this particular patch (Customers using SDSK_00106 (the official DST patch) will also have to copy files manually instead of using Remote Updater).
Some of our customers have come up with their own ideas, such as scripting or macros, to automate the process of copying such files."
The suggestion was to start a thread here and see what others are doing.
What is your process?
Craig R Taylor
Honored Contributor.

I guess one more thing to add to my query. As we are using 4.5 SP 11 we are still using the Microsoft JVM. I presume that it needs to be updated as well. I have tried out the patch on a test box (the OS on the box is patched as well). I noticed that after the DST change the time was two hours ahead.

Any ideas?
Craig R Taylor
Honored Contributor.

*bump*