The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DST Patch Question for windows client workstations

Highlighted
Vinh Phan_1
Occasional Contributor

DST Patch Question for windows client workstations

Our DST (daylight savings time) remediation efforts are under way. Does anyone know other than deploying the HPSD servicepack.jar file from the SDSK_00106 patch and upgrading the java runtime environment to 1.3.1_18 or 1.4.2_12 on the windows client desktops/laptops, are there any other components on the client workstation windows o/s level that HPSD client works with to support DST fix? Is there another Java component on the client workstation that also needs to be updated for Microsoft? eg. Microsoft JVM? SDK?
2 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: DST Patch Question for windows client workstations

Hi,

I think the only other thing you should need to do is to ensure that the client computers are patched with an XP 0r WIN 2000 windows patch to ensure that the computer that the client is installed on is patched for the time difference. The java does not have to be updated for the client. The service pack seems to be the only thing needed for the client
Charles McMicha
Occasional Advisor

Re: DST Patch Question for windows client workstations

My dc5750 has WebPAM installed on it to handle the RAID configuration. It has its own installation of "Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.4.2_10-b03" that I would love to repoint to the Java everything else is using.

So if you have ATI WebPAM, watch out.

If you have any suggestions for me, send them in.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event