cancel

DB rules

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1501973
Honored Contributor.

DB rules

Hi,

System handle is Service Desk 4.5 on windows platform.

I have a problem with schedule task creation. Please clarify below:

I have created one DB rule to set "Response SLA Violation" to "Yes" if status of Change ID is "waiting for approval" for 5 mins. I have written another rule to captule "Current Time" when "Waiting for Approval" was set.

Here one schedule task is getting created based on teh condition matched to this rule. But If status of Change ID gets changed from "Waitign for Approval" to "Approved" within 5 mins time of Change Id gets set to "Waiting for Approval", schedule task does not getdeleted.

It gets deleted only aftre 5 mins even when it does not match teh condition.

Please find below following rules. And do let me know where I have made mistake:

1. Db rule to update current time when waiting for approval is set:

When change is modified
where Status (*) equals Waiting For Approval
update -testing (Update Data) Time from Waiting for Approval set to (Current date)

2. DB rule to set "Response SLA Violation" to "Yes":

When change is modified
where Status equals Waiting For Approval
AND NOT (Time from Waiting for Approval (*) is empty, Schedule the validation of this condition at 3 minutes After Time from Waiting for Approval, Only execute once)
Response SLA Violation (Update Data) Response SLA Violation set to yes

Need urgent help as this is leading to the major issue in SD performance.

Regards,
Crystenia
6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: DB rules

Hi Crystenia,
Its very important to us if you could tell us the version and SP you are running right now.
Rgds,
Rubem
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Crystenia,
I would try switching the conditions of the second rule, ie make it:
WHen Change is modified
where Time from Waiting for Approval(*) is not empty
and Status is Waiting for approval, Schedule the validation of this condition at 3 minutes After Time from Waiting for Approval, Only execute once)

I have found problems if the scheduled condition is also a triggering condition on the same field.
Also you mention 5 mins in your question but have put 3 mins in the rule...I guess that should be 5.
Hope that works.....Cheers, Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
CA1501973
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But still the same problem. Schedule task is nto getting deleted even if the status does not remain to be "waiting for approval'.

Crystenia

Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Crystenia - when you say "Not being deleted" do you mean it is still there AFTER the scheduled date/time? Or do you mean it is not being deleted immediately?
It is normal for the tasks to sit there until the scheduled time since the conditions aren't retested until then. At that time it should just disappear without executing if the conditions fail.
If you are finding that the task still sits there after that time, that is not correct behaviour. I have seen this happen sometimes but don't know why.
You can clear all the expired tasks by restarting the server but if the problem persists, I think you need to log that with HP.
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

PS - some points would be nice if the replies help!! Cheers.
CA1501973
Honored Contributor.

Hi All,

Thanks for the information on schedule task creation.

Thanks

Regards,
Crystenia