I have created a DB rule to write the actual finish date at specific Status (see below). It works 95% of the time. the other 5%, Actual finish does not get written to and this is only on manually created calls (all email generated calls work). any ideas where I am going wrong??
thanks to all.
When service call is created OR When service call is modified where Status (*) equals ResolvedORFulfilledORCustomer Not SatisfiedORAbandoned, Schedule the validation of this condition at 2 minutes After Registration;Modified
Update Actual Finish (Update Data) Actual Finish set to (Current date)
I tried a UI rule and the Actual Finish field winds up never being written to - my UI rule is very similar to the DB rule - I use "Before item is saved" or "When a value has changed" etc... And neither produces what I need.
As for the Evaluate this rule option, I also tried this and got mixed results. Just to make sure, the Evaluate option waits for the field being specified in the condition to be changed before the specified action is activated, right??
Aaron, Looking at the log file on the server (logserver.txt) is likely to give a clue. Do you have other rules that do things on closed ie send an email. Just look in the log at time stamps around the time the call is saved and you may see some common entry that gives a pointer for the failed ones. Also not sure why you would schedule this, why not just set it immediately when the desired status is met.
I finally have been able to get a look at the log file. The log gives me a response of: DBRuleManager> Rule "15 BP-Set Actual Finish when Status=Resolved": don't execute the actions. no idea so far why it does not execute. again it only fails on manually generated calls.
Ruth: Actual Finish is audited and I do see it written to for email generated calls. Gerry: As for why I have it scheduled, it is more out of a lack of deep understanding of DB inner workings that I decided not to have it run at the same time as a whole load of other rules. I thought that I could cut down on "interference", since not scheduling it did not work either. Mark: it is the only rule using this field running in my system.