The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB/UI rule not working from client system

Highlighted
jayaramu
Regular Collector

DB/UI rule not working from client system

Hi,

Myself jayaram, my setup is HPSD 5.0 on windows 2003 OS and SQL 2000 Database.

My ajanda is to open a form upon some condition. if user selects values a,b,c then it should open ABC form. if user select values x,y,z then it should open xyz form.

I have written UI/DB rule its working fine on server box but not on client box. Please help me in achieving the same.

The details are,
I have one database rule,

When work order is created or modified
where ProductType (*) equals Update CI
existing (Command Exec Action) , null, Host: 203.91.194.52, Command line: D:\openItem.bat, Parameters: [Change;Configuration Item;ID]
the above openItem.bat refers to a java program.

here: each change is related to one WO: and change is attached with CI.

What we are doing is:

Open WO select product type as “update CI”
It will open the CI which is related to the change ticket.

When I connect to server using ovsd client from any system the form is not opening.

Can any one give me a solution?? Its urgent
5 REPLIES
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

Re: DB/UI rule not working from client system

Hi Jayaram,
What is "Host: 203.91.194.52" is this the IP of your server.
Just make sure that you have not hard coded the host on which this action will run.
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

A second thought:
Are you sure this batch file exists in D: of the client system where you are trying to launch it?
jayaramu
Regular Collector

ya .52 is my server IP address. ok as you said insted of mentioning specific IP address, I can mention localhost right.

But is that necessary to put that file on every client machine also. Its not enough if it exists in server machine.

Because, our clients are there in onsite also, so is it a perfect solution to put the file on every client machine or is there any alternative to achieve this functionality.
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

If you want to execute a command/script on client machine then it has to be there on their system.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

If you want to run a command outside of service desk on the client machine, you need to install service desk agent on the client and make sure the batch file is on the client machine as well.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event