The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Rules: Email notification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Syura
Super Collector

DB Rules: Email notification

Hi, Im using SD 4.5 SP 18. If it possible to do a DB rule that send out email notification when the incident is created within certain time ( eg: from 9am to 6pm) to certain group?

Any suggestion or workaround on this problem?
9 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: DB Rules: Email notification

Hello,

If you have defined support hours, then you can do the following rule:

ID (*) is anything, Schedule the validation of this condition at 1 minute After Registration;Modified, Only execute once
"Use Support Hours" should be also checked.

And then as action your email notification.
menes fhtagn
Syura
Super Collector

Hi George,

Thanks. That's cool. I know it can work but the SLA is 9-5 working days, different with what they want (9-6). So how to set the 5-6 email escalation? Any Idea?
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Well, I don't know how could this be done without "support hours" by the means of Service Desk.

One idea could be when an incident is created to use a db rule that will "Data update from external system". Send the registration date to the external system and get a boolean from it. The external system should get the current date , check whether it's in the period 09:00 - 18:00 and set the boolean accordingly.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Well, I don't know how could this be done without "support hours" by the means of Service Desk.

One idea could be when an incident is created to use a db rule that will "Data update from external system". Send the registration date to the external system and get a boolean from it. The external system should get the current date , check whether it's in the period 09:00 - 18:00 and set the boolean accordingly.

Then another rule will be triggered when the boolean is modified and its value is True, to send an email to whoever you want the mail to be sent.
menes fhtagn
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

I can think of a fairly obscure way: have a DB rule that sets a custom text field to be the variable $HH$ which hour number in UTC in a 24 hour clock.

Then have a second rule which tests this custom text field to see if it is 17 (or whatever 5-6 is in your timezone)

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Syura
Super Collector

Hi George,

Yes, that what i thought in the first place. I tried something like that.
1. Created a time field that set = registration created time.
2. Create a rule checking if the field are between 0900 - 1800 , if it true, send the email out.

But it cant be done. That field required me to put a specific date which is irrelevant with what I want it to be. Can we make it at what ever date and a specific time?
Syura
Super Collector

Hi Ruth,

That sounded good. But could you guide me to achive this "DB rule that sets a custom text field to be the variable $HH$ which hour number in UTC in a 24 hour clock."

Especially the custom text field part.

Thanks
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi there,

Set up a custom text field by:
Yools>System>Data>Service Call and activate a short text; call it Time17-18 (for example)

Then set up a DB rule which does:

When incident is created,
no condition
Action: data update: set Time17-18 to value and enter the string
$HH$
in the Fixed value field.
Save the rule.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Syura
Super Collector

Hi Ruth,

My rule didnt work as what i want it to be. yes, it display number but it's the wrong one.

1. Where the $HH$ get the value from?
2. What is the correct display format? as 07 or 7? Mine appeared as 7
3. Can it be the same hour as the registration time?

What do you think?

Regards,
Syura
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event