Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

DB Rule sending e-mail more than one time.

Highlighted
Metin INAN_1
Super Contributor.

DB Rule sending e-mail more than one time.

Hi All,

I have a db rule that sends "one" in one condition say when a service call is solved.Some users say that they receive the same e-mail more than once like 7 times.

I see that this is true.How can I solve this issue ?

I need urgent response.

Thanks,
5 REPLIES
Metin INAN_1
Super Contributor.

Re: DB Rule sending e-mail more than one time.

Hi All,

I have a db rule that sends "one" e-mail in one condition say when a service call is solved.Some users say that they receive the same e-mail more than once like 7 times.

I see that this is true.How can I solve this issue ?

I need urgent response.

Thanks,
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

It sounds like your rule has forgotten to set at least one of the condition fields as "when this field changes"? ie you've checked for STATUS=Resolved but without the tick box so every time the call is amended while in that state it sends another email?
Metin INAN_1
Super Contributor.

Hi Mike,

Only one condition in my rule is

"when a service call created or modified
status(*) equals Solved"

There is no scheduled condition so I have nothing to do with checking "only execute once".

Thanks,
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Metin,
I think Mike is right. Take a look in history lines to see what happend after the first status changed to "Solve" You could have some surprises! May be other people update some information in service call with same status unchanged (Solved).
Regards,
Dan
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Dan,

Metin's rule has the (*) next to status so that means he has when value has changed ticked.

Metin

I can't see why this would be happening but ensure that status is audited and check the history anyway to be sure that it isn't changing?

Cheers