SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Badrinath H K
Honored Contributor.

DB Rule not working after OVO agent installation

Hi All,

I have a setup which includes,
DB : Oracle 9i on hpux 11.11 (On HPUX Cluster)
Service desk 4.5 with service pack16.

I have a set of DB rules working fine till 3 days back. Suddenly my db rules started behaving erradically. when ever i restart the services my DB rule trigger first time, then it will stop triggaring till i restart the services again. Except OVO agent installation and firmware upgrade nothing changed in the system.

Please help me to find out the problem.

Find attached logs for my live server.

Thanks & Regards,
Badri
4 REPLIES
Gyula Matics_1
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: DB Rule not working after OVO agent installation

If you have a cmd exec actions, and one of your agent is down. (your logserver.txt shows that this is the case) Then, the agent manager will be blocked until that action times out, and no other cmd exec actions will run. If you have lots of actions for that bad agent, then the cumulative timeouts will be very long and result in erradic behavior.
Ray_Tang
Valued Contributor.

Hi Badrinath,

I have a look on the logserver.txt attached by you.
I found there are lots of responses of Agent Manager like below:
Tue, 21/03/2006 09:40:12 Rule: Demo rule: Yellow Banner when Service Call Priority is High 172.16.201.129 Action: Yellow Banner (Command Exec Action) Entity: Servicecall Agent: 172.16.201.129: not responding (machine switched off?).
Tue, 21/03/2006 09:40:24 Rule: Demo rule: Yellow Banner when Service Call Priority is High 172.16.201.127 Action: Yellow Banner (Command Exec Action) Entity: Servicecall Agent: 172.16.201.127: not responding (machine switched off?).

Please check that if there are live agent running on the indicated server of db rules.
Badrinath H K
Honored Contributor.

Hi ,

Thanks a lot. It worked. I have blocked the rules written for banner command and restarted the services and all db rules started working. But how i can make my banner rules to be working. Please help me bcas my customer is pushing me for this solution.

Regards,
Badrinath
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Badrinath,

For the DB Rules to work properly in this case... Check the following...

1. All the systems which may need to run the Command line action Banner Rule, have the agent installed with the correct service pack.

2. All such systems are on at all points of time. (so that it doesn't hang)

If these two things are in order... Nothing should go wrong.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.