cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Rule fires but coded field not updated on form

Highlighted
Rory Emmans

DB Rule fires but coded field not updated on form

I am currently using SD 4.5 SP19 using SRM as a WEB Interface. I have 4 fields Business, Region, System and classification in SRM that are mapped to text fields in Service Desk. I have many DB rules that fire based on each of these fields that convert text into the coded field in Service Desk when the ticket is created. The History log in the ticket shows the DB rule fired to update each of these the coded fields in the ticket every time. Some times all the coded fields update, some times all but 1 of them update the fields and then sometimes only 1 out of the 4 works. I am running all kinds of test using different values for each of those fields and there seems to be no rime or reason when this works correctly. The rules are very simple.
When a ticket is created and SRM System text field contains x update coded field to x. Just wondering if this is a known problem or if anybody else has ran into this before
2 REPLIES
Gerry Allardice
Honored Contributor

Re: DB Rule fires but coded field not updated on form

Rory,
Are all the rules set to fire on create, or is it on update. If they all trigger together they may be running into 'record updated by another user'.You could check the the logserver.txt for any clues for the rules not completing.
In the past I had some intermitant issues with multiple rules which are set to fire on Create. I designed so I only had one rule which fired on Create. Its only job was to set a Boolean to true. All other rules then triggered on update of the Boolean to True.
Regards
Gerry
Rory Emmans

Re: DB Rule fires but coded field not updated on form

The rules are firing it says in the History lines that the field is updated but when you open the sd ticket the fields are blank. SRM DB rules only need to be set to fire on create because the text fields are only used by SRM. Then the DB fires to update the actual SD fields
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event