DB Rule SD 5 - cannot combine OR & AND

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

DB Rule SD 5 - cannot combine OR & AND

HI,
I am having a strange problem with SD 5 DB rules for incident. My objective is to update data for assignment to workgroup depending on a few conditions for evaulvation... I am trying to find the CI locations and Category of the CI to determine the Assignment Workgroup... HOwever it seems i cannot use them. Please refer to the attached screenshot and let me know if I have errored something. Points guranteed :)

Thank you very much
-HSB
8 REPLIES
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.

Re: DB Rule SD 5 - cannot combine OR & AND

Hi,

Try to change the order of logical operators and use OR after or between AND operators.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dan
Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

HI Dan,

Thanks for your response. But it does not help, as the OPERATOR will only use the one given at the top level.

Please find attached the screenshot.

Thanks again,
-HSB
Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

Dan,

Sorry ... Its working after i moved the order, . Please submit a reply so I can assign you full points.

Thanks,
-HSB
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

Try as in attached screen.

Regards,

Dan
Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

HI Dan,

I also did similar but without an additional "OR" ,I have attached both the rules screenshot, one is using the approach you posted. I guess both would do the same thing. What are your comments ?

Thanks,
-HSB

Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

the second screenshot
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

We have logged this as a bug with HP but have had no response as yet.

Regards

Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

HI Ruth,

Thanks for reporting the bug.. I have been encountering couple of issues with SD 5 SP1 and it ends up being a bug.... off topic - tcurrently I am having issues with resizing JVM.. the way i figured out to change is to stop EVERYTHING , clear the obs cache and than change it in ovobs.xml (they did not mention in the doc that the initialize option has to be the place where changes has to be done as well).. and than reboot the server.. also the ovobs.xml file supplied with the product does not have the garbage collection settings. Now the biggest issue is the server peformance monitor tab shows the MAX memory allocated as the Initial size ,i.e, xms .. this might not be a bug, but the document does not mention this clearly.. all in all , not very happy with it.. I hope SD 5.1 is better than this.

Regards,
-Hasim