Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

DB Concataion rule errors

Highlighted
PeterGray
Trusted Contributor.

DB Concataion rule errors

Hi,

I have an issue with 2 Service Call DB concatenation rules which are not updating the information field correctly from Information Update. This is because one of the Functions in the Function outline section of each rule cannot select the Information attribute when I am building the rule.

This has the effect of the creation rule not working properly- the text in Information update is recorded twice in Information.

Also, this has the effect in the modification rule of the information update overwriting existing data in the Information field.

All feedback on this issue welcome

Thanks,

Peter
5 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: DB Concataion rule errors

Peter,

I was able to create the same DB Rule and use Information at the very end. I am running SD4.5 SP30. Are you running an old SP or SD5.10?

Points welcome.
The Pike
PeterGray
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Running SD 4.5 SP 20.

Peter
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Peter,

The only times in which I have been unable to find fields that I am certain can be selected in rules is when the workstation I am working in does not have enough resources (too many windows open or applications running).

Other than this, I have no clue why you could not select the Information field.

Hope this helps.
Points welcome.

The Pike
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

I think your issue is that you are concatenating Information Update twice (once in the middle and once at the end of the concatenations). And then setting all that to Information.

If you want to insert Information update into the front of Information, your last field in the long concatenation list needs to be Information, not Information Update.

If you want to APPEND Information Update to Information, then your concatenation sequence should start with Information as the first field.
Either way, you don't want Information update twice.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

PS - I do exactly this with another SP20 client and have no trouble selecting Information as a field in the concatenation list. If you can't, I suggest you try clearing your client cache - that might be an issue.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au