Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Customizing subject line OVSD Version 5.1

Highlighted
Alex Skovronek
Contributor.

Customizing subject line OVSD Version 5.1

My helpdesk provider uses OVSD V5.1 and they keep telling me that they cannot customize the subject line of the notifications that are sent from ServiceCenter. The current subject line reads "Mail due to message from: scheduler" which is completely ridiculous. We are small potatoes to this vendor and so I believe they are giving me the run around because they just don't want to do it. Can someone out there tell me definitively if the subjet lines of the autonotifications from ServiceCenter can be customized or not?

I greatly appreciate this bit of clarification!

Thanks.

...Alex
4 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Customizing subject line OVSD Version 5.1

Hi alex,

Could you explain a bit more - where does Service Center come in?

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Alex Skovronek
Contributor.

I apologize if I'm mixing terms. Our outsourced helpdesk provider uses Peregrine ServiceCenter 5.1, which I believe is now HP OVSD. I assumed, perhaps wrongly so, that email notifications that come from the system are the result of a module within ServiceCenter. If this is implemented in some other manner, please let me know. Regardless, the notifications (for ticket open, ticket close, etc., that we have defined) all come with the same subject, as stated above. I am trying to determine if the subject of the emails can be customized. I don't need to know how, just if it can be done or not so that I can pressure my vendor to do so, if possible.

Thanks!

...Alex
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

its the other way around. HPOVSD is being replaced with Service Manager 7 which is the next version of Service Centre.

if you have a service centre issue you could try the other forum

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=695

If you have an OVSD 5.1 issue (software released last year) please provide more details.
Alex Skovronek
Contributor.

Thank you! I will hope over to the other forum. Thanks for the clarification on which product is which.

...Alex