The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom warning messages

Highlighted
Durga Srinivas
Regular Collector

Custom warning messages

Hi,
Is it possible to create custom warning messages in OVSD such as in the following scenario.

1) Lets suppose there are two CI's such as "TEST-CI2" and "TEST-CI2". And "TEST-CI1" is associated with an organization called "TEST-ORG".

2)During creation of Service call, if a user selects "TEST-ORG" in Organization field.

3) Then user tries to select "TEST-CI2".At this step, is it possible to pop-up a warning message to the user saying "TEST-CI2" is not associated with the "TEST-ORG"?

It would be of great help if somebody answers this.

Thanks
Srini

3) Tries to
4 REPLIES
steven_160
Collector

Re: Custom warning messages

hi,
As per i understood ur question, u want an alert box on service pages if user selects a wrong CI, or which is not associated with that ORG. This is very much possible but for it u hv to do external java coding ant has to check the persons related to that CI.
In our environment we have done the same thing.

HTH

steven
Durga Srinivas
Regular Collector

Hi,
I forgot to mention that i want that warning messages on OVSD gui but not on service pages.

Thanks
Srini
steven_160
Collector

till the extent i know SD i think its not possible, but try writing DB or UI rule and generate a banner,

thanks for any points

HTH
steven
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Srini,

it would be possible to create a UI rule as follows though I hope that there might be a better way for you to do this iif you have a lot of Orgs and CI's as if you have a lot of CIs this could become a big overhead to set up and maintain the rules.

e.g.
When Service Call is opened (Value changed etc.)
Conditions -
Assigment to Workgroup = TEST-ORG
CI NOT Equal to TEST-CI1
Action -
User Notification - "This CI is not associated..."

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event