Did you mean: 

Custom drop-down field in HP OpenView SD 4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Envoy2064
Super Collector

Custom drop-down field in HP OpenView SD 4.5

Hi, I've tried for hours to figure out how to create a custom drop-down menu (say, field named "X" with options "Y", "Z", and "A"), but I could not find documentations and/or means of doing this. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES
Alok Shrotri
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Custom drop-down field in HP OpenView SD 4.5

Hi,

You can use a custom field of type Entity Reference, say for Service Call.

Then Go to Data->Codes->Service Call->X. Add all the values you want to see in drop down (Y,Z & A).

Include this field in Service Call form and you will get the drop down :-)

This works on SD4.5 SP20. Not sure of earlier SPs but don't see any reason why it shouldn't.

Cheers,
Alok Shrotri
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Envoy2064
Super Collector

Thanks! That worked well.

Is there any way to modify the type of a field? I wanted to expand a field from String 40 to String 80...
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

what SP did you say you are on?

No you can't change the size of the fields available.

If you have data in a 255 text field and you wanted to increase the field to 4k text field you cant. You can set up a 4k field and transfer the data from the 255 text field into the 4k field using data exchange or UI rules and a code field.
Envoy2064
Super Collector

I'm on SP 20...so I'll just have to delete the field and create a new one with the same name and bigger space?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I would do the following:

Block the original field
Rename the original field
Create the new field
Name the new field

Next examine if you need to move the data that exists for the calls from the original field to the new field. If so you have a few options. If you need the details I can provide them for you.

If you dont need the details you can leave the field blocked and keep the data or run an update all to clear out the field for another day.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event