The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Fields not hiding from form

Highlighted
Vleung
Super Collector

Custom Fields not hiding from form

Hello all,

I've posted this question before, but in my test environment I quickly found that if I set the custom field to 'Hide' in all roles (excluding Auditor and Sys Admin roles) then it would 'dissappear' from the form.

Unfortunately this is not the case in the Live environment. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this is happening?
4 REPLIES

Re: Custom Fields not hiding from form

It can be possible that the userrol is related to another userrol that has this custom field "not hidden".
Or the user can be member of other roles that allow this field to be shown.

You told that you have put this field to "hide" in every roll in the test environment. Did you also do this for production?

What SD version are you using? (which SP?)
Can all users see this field?
Did you already try to remove/empty the cache?
Vleung
Super Collector

I've tried the exact method - switch the field to 'Hide' in every single role (excluding Auditor and Sys Admin roles), I've checked the 'Include Roles' again and again, used single roles for testing, removed all references in Templates in case it was keeping the field visible, but nothing has worked so far.

I'm using Version 4.5, SP12. I've not tried removing the cache yet, and I've tested this with different accounts and everyone can see it.

Can you try the cache:
Can you try to move the whole local directory on one of the clients? Are you start the client this folders gets filled by the server with the new data.
Vleung
Super Collector

Unfortunately deleting the local cache doesn't work.

I've come to the conclusion of removing the field from the form entirely. I guess I'll leave this thread open in case someone comes up with an answer.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event