Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Custom Email Field to a Pager

Highlighted
Carrie L Ellswo
Super Contributor.

Custom Email Field to a Pager

I am using SD 4.5 SP11. I have created a custom field to send notification to a pager based on a DB rule that I have created.
The pager field is a custom text field. I have been somewhat successful with the rule except for one thing. The Subject field no matter what I put in it, the result on the receiving Pager is something like this: =?US-ASCII?B?MzA2Njkz?= SC 306693
The body of the text was fine, it displayed the fields as defined in the rule.
Any ideas?
2 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Custom Email Field to a Pager

Hi Carrie,

How does the rule interface to the pager? Is it via an execute command or an email action or data exchange with external system?

It looks to me as though it could be an issue with how it passed to the pager system

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Carrie L Ellswo
Super Contributor.

Re: Custom Email Field to a Pager

I'm not a real sophisticated rule writer at this point, so it's just a send email rule to the assignment to person is not empty and the email pager field is not empty. So it's just for the most part the available fields in the DB rule wizard. With the exception that my custom field is a text field and not really an email field.
I suspect what you said about the pager system is the real answer to this?
But if anyone has been successful with perfect pager notification with the DB rules it would be great to hear what was done!