Custom Codes in SD 5.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sam De Coster
Honored Contributor.

Custom Codes in SD 5.1

Hi,

Can anyone explain me how Custom codes work in SD 5.1. I've already worked with them in SD 4.5 but the confirguration seems to be different.

I didn't find any information in the docs or help.

Many thanks

Best regards

Sam
9 REPLIES
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Re: Custom Codes in SD 5.1

First you enable a custom code field (for example for ServiceCall) in [codes - custom fields] and name it, then you go to [codes-ServiceCall] (or another object type for which you enabled this custom field) and there you will find your new field by name that you specified earlier. Here you can add possible values for this field and their order numbers.
Sam De Coster
Honored Contributor.

Hi Rizer,

Thanks for the information but I didn't mean custom fields from the Code type but the new Custom Codes where you can create ordered and hierachical fields. (Data >> Codes >> Custom Codes).

Best regards

Sam
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hello Sam,

To my knowledge you can't create custom codes in OVSD 5.xx. This is one of several features that OVSD 4.5 has and OVSD 5.xx hasn't
menes fhtagn
Sam De Coster
Honored Contributor.

Hi George,

Thanks for the information. That was were I was afraid for. It's a pitty that there are already configuration entries for but it's not yet useable.

Best regards

Sam
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sam,
I hesitate to challenge what George has said but the SD_Release_Notes.en.pdf for (I think SP2.1) does include how to use custom codes - it has a note saying it is not in the online help but only documenetd in the release notice.

I have not actually tried to use them but it might be worth a look

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
osbert
Respected Contributor.

Hi Sam,

I did too wanted the custom fields, so I contact SD support and they told me that the custom field feature will be release in SP3. However, I found in a roadmap document, that SP3 will not me released. Start thinking in Service Center.

Cheers
Sam De Coster
Honored Contributor.

Hi Osbert,

Thanks for the information.

P3 is relized last month and indeed the custom codes are available but already from P2.1 as Ruth told.

It works but it's not exactly what I was looking for.

Best regards

Sam

osbert
Respected Contributor.

Sam,

You are correct, SP3 is already release, my mistake. I meant SD5.2.

The reason why SD5.1P2-P3 does not have this feature available yet is because SD 4.5 SP17 is matching to SD 5.1, the matching SD 5.x version to SD 4.5 SP18 (which is the patch where the custom fields where included), should be SD 5.2 or above.

Cheers
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

With the exception that both 4.5 and 5.xx are abandoned in favor of Peregrine's product and only bug fixes will be produced till the end of the product cycle. At least that what HP said.
menes fhtagn