The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Custom Field of Entity Reference type

Highlighted
M Kumar
Collector

Creation of Custom Field of Entity Reference type

Hi All,

I am facing problem in creating new custom field of Type Entity Reference, When i am selecting Vatidation type as Entity reference, "Entity To" field becomes mandatory, what is this field and why it is required. attached is the screen shot.
5 REPLIES
Sam decosta
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Creation of Custom Field of Entity Reference type

Hi,

You need to specify the entity to (you can say Type of field ). you can select it based upon your requirement like Person type field, Workgroup type field or entity to any existing codes.

Thanks,
Avinash
The Pike
Honored Contributor

The complete answer to your question is in the SP20 Consolidated Documentation Addendum (http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM17064/binary/sd45_sp20_addendum_en_pdf) or the Unlimited Custom Fields documentation in your Service Pack extraction folder (doc\itsm008585\itsm008585.htm).

Points are welcome!

The Pike
M Kumar
Collector

Hi Pike,

Thanx for your response, i have created one Custom field of Type Entity Reference and selected one Code type field in "Entity To" field but it is not being displayed in Data-->Codes-->Projects so that i can add some values (options in drop down) here.
Sam decosta
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

I will not be displayed saperatly,

You need to add values under the code type which you have selected in Entity To.

Thanks,
Avinash
The Pike
Honored Contributor

That's because you have yet to specify which type of code field it will be along with a couple of properties to give the field an identity.

I thought giving you the link to the sp20 addendum would ignite a spark of curiosity.

Check the SP20 chapter and look for Custom Codes.

If the references I've posted helped, it'd be nice to see some points assigned.

The Pike
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event