Creating shortcuts for forms

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Creating shortcuts for forms

Hi,

I have created some forms in Problem.Can anyone suggest as how can I create a shortcust link or something else to go to those forms rather than selecting through New-->choose forms-->problem-->xx.

Thanks & Regards,
Akhil
6 REPLIES
Jan Pavelka
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Creating shortcuts for forms

Hi Akhil,

the easiest way I know is to press ctrl+O and choos the appropriate form.

I think that in some upcoming servicepacks there should be a contextual form. Based on CI category the appropriate form is used.

But it is the uncertain future :o)
BR
Jan
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

If you have the forms named exactly the same as the CI category you can make a smart action that uses SD_Form.bat. Command line is:"[Category]" "Search code=[Search code]". The trick is that you are passing the category as the form name.

So if in a CI view you can choose Actions and select the action you created, or when a CI is related to a Service Call etc you can use the actions menu on the button next to the related CI field.

Cheers
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi All,

Actually I have created 2 different forms in the problem management..Both of these forms have different fields..Now I want to display the shortcuts for these forms on the left menu bar (where we get service,problem,incident buttons etc..)

The only quick option that I could get is use of "CTRL+O" option but that is not user friendly..The name of these forms should come somewhere on the main screen..Can anyone suggest any solution for this?

Regards,
Akhil
Jan Pavelka
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Akhil,

have you considered Dynamic forms introduced in SP18?

I use them for CI forms and it works pretty good.

BR
Jan
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately I am using sp13..and also the selection of forms is not based on any value selected dynamically..I just want some 2 bottons refering to each form on which whenever any engineer clicks, he gets the selected form populated..Can u tell me what is the path of these forms so that I can call dat path in the shortcut menu..

Regards,
AM
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Akhil,

That is a very clever idea - good work!

The forms are not in files - there is no path to them. The forms are in the database.

The way you can open a specific form is by using sd_dataform.bat.

So, create two *.bat or .cmd files: %ProbForm1.cmd and ProbForm2.cmd.

ProbForm1.cmd would look like:
%SD_CLIENTHOME%\bin\sd_dataform.bat "Form1 name" -forcenew

ProbForm2.cmd would look like:
%SD_CLIENTHOME%\bin\sd_dataform.bat "Form2 name" -forcenew

You could also set any field values you want, using the standard sd_dataform.bat syntax

Put these two command files somewhere so that everyone can reach them with a shortcut. Create your shortcuts, et voilà !

Have fun,
Josh