Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Creating person view with ID attribute.

Highlighted
Peter C Harris
Regular Contributor.

Creating person view with ID attribute.

I am trying to create a view that includes the OpenView ID but have been unable to find the proper attribute when creating the view. Can someone point me in the right direction? Tx!
Peter Harris
4 REPLIES
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Creating person view with ID attribute.

Are you talking about the identification number or the application account name?
Peter C Harris
Regular Contributor.

The identification number for the person object/record. The reason I am looking for the ID number is because the OvObsImporter error logs refer to the problem person records by ID (not search code). Since I can't figure out how to look up person records by ID, the error logs are of much use to me.
Peter Harris
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

I don't know that there is an ID# associated with a person record. When you create a new service call, incident, etc. it gives you the ID# of the new object created when you save and close it. When you create a person it doesn't do that. That leads me to believe there is not an ID# created when a new person record is created.
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Peter,

In DataExchange, you will see references to the value of the column OID. This value is not accessible in views (unless you can just type it in, instead of trying to select from a list). The value of the column ID, should be visible in the list of fields when you create the view.

-Josh