cancel

Creating new Coded / Entity field for Service Call Can't create

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

Creating new Coded / Entity field for Service Call Can't create

I am trying to create a Service Call Coded / Entity field in Service Desk. I am having issues with the Entity to field I can't used coded fields 1-35 but I cant relate it to a Service Call they are already used. What do I use for "Entity to" when creating custome coded field? Don't I have unlimited custom coded fields? See attachment for screenshot
9 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Creating new Coded / Entity field for Service Call Can't create

Hello Rory,

I couldn't understand what you want to accomplish.

If you want to add a custom code then first you create the custom code field and then you create an entity reference to that.

If you are trying to create a service call custom field for service calls... well, you can't using the standard interface.
menes fhtagn
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

I am just trying to create a standard custom entity / coded field for Service Call that I can add to the Service Call form. Say a field called "Urgency" with two coded values "Standard" and "Escalated". I have never had to create a coded field outside if the Servicecallcode 1-35 so when creating the custom field I do not know releate it to when it is asking "Entity to" you cannot just select Service Call. Thanks helping me on this
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Rory,

Sorry for asking but if you don't need a tree type code field why don't you use one of ServiceCallCode1 - ServiceCallCode35?

Custom code fields have three usages:
1. If you run time of the standard custom code fields.
2. If you want to create a tree-type code field
3. If you want to create a code field common to more than one entities.

If it's not the case 1-2-3 then I urge you to use the standard code fields for performance reasons.
menes fhtagn
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

SRM which is Westbury's Support Request Manager" can only use / map to Service call coded fields 1-35 SRM can't see any other custom / coded fields except for the standard installed fields that come with Service Desk. I have only two Service Call custom coded fields left and need to save them for SRM then I have to map available text fields to coded fields via db rule after the Service Call is created.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

In that case read doc/itsm008585/itsm008585.htm where you extracted your Service Pack.
menes fhtagn
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

George I am on SP19 what Service Pack did itsm8585 come out on? and thanks much for the help
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Nope, custom codes are introduced in SP20.

Please don't forget to assign points!
menes fhtagn
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

I thought I assigned points but it does not look like it did. Thanks