Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new CIs in OVSD 5.1 (Importing from OMfW)

Highlighted
Ali AK_1
Collector

Creating new CIs in OVSD 5.1 (Importing from OMfW)

Hello All,

During initial set-up of OMfW and OVSD 5.1, looks like CI Importing was done by OMfW-OVSD integration.

I now have new servers added into monitoring and I dont have CIs created for them. How should I create the CIs? Should i try to import them from OMfW or can I create them manually? Please let me know.
6 REPLIES
Ali AK_1
Collector

Re: Creating new CIs in OVSD 5.1 (Importing from OMfW)

Also, I have never work on CI importing before. Can you please guide how to do it if Importing is the right procedure here?

I tried creating a CI manually and associating the Node's Unique ID as the source ID in the OVSD CI, but when i created a test ticket, it did not take up the CI name. Where did I go wrong? Please let me know.
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Chapter 4 of the OMW-OVSD 5.10 integration guide deals with importing services and nodes from OMW to SD.

Did you follow the OMW-OVSD integration guide step by step? If you don't have it, I can post the URL to it.
Ali AK_1
Collector

First thing, I am new to this. I have never worked on Integration part nor I have seen how it is done.

Second thing, this is already set up long back and I have new servers which need to be added in OVSD. I tried adding manually one CI, but when I tried to generate a test ticket, it did not use my CI.

One thing here: Source ID in the CI item, is same as Node ID in OVOW. I tried to use the same for my new CI, but it still did not work for me.

Any thoughts please? please do share if you have any documents on the step-by-step procedure of integration. That may give me an idea of how my set up is currently configured. Thanks.
Ali AK_1
Collector

And I could not get the integration guide for OMfW-OVSD 5.1 and i have it for only OVSD 4.5

Please share the OVSD 5.1 document if you have. I have these lines in my file - C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\data\datafiles\data_exchange\config\OvsdOvow.conf.
It does not make any sense to me. If you can help me understand this, it would be helpful.

[MANAGED_NODE]
SOURCE= ovms_admin.sto_ov_managednode
ATT= Source_id, Searchcode, Name, Name2, Description
COLUMNS= SUBSTRING(name, 2, DATALENGTH(name) / 2 - 2) AS Source_id ,\
SUBSTRING(SUBSTRING(object_text, PATINDEX('%PrimaryNodeName%', object_text) + 19,DATALENGTH(object_text)), 0, PATINDEX('%"%', SUBSTRING(object_text, PATINDEX('%PrimaryNodeName%', object_text) + 19, DATALENGTH(object_text)))) AS Searchcode ,\
SUBSTRING(SUBSTRING(object_text, PATINDEX('%Caption%', object_text) + 11, DATALENGTH(object_text)), 0, PATINDEX('%"%', SUBSTRING(object_text, PATINDEX('%Caption%', object_text) + 11, DATALENGTH(object_text)))) AS Name ,\
SUBSTRING(SUBSTRING(object_text, PATINDEX('%Path%', object_text) + 8, DATALENGTH(object_text)), 0, PATINDEX('%"%', SUBSTRING(object_text, PATINDEX('%Path%', object_text) + 8, DATALENGTH(object_text)))) AS Name2 ,\
SUBSTRING(SUBSTRING(object_text, PATINDEX('%Caption%', object_text) + 11, DATALENGTH(object_text)), 0, PATINDEX('%"%', SUBSTRING(object_text, PATINDEX('%Caption%', object_text) + 11, DATALENGTH(object_text)))) + ' identified as ' + Name AS Description
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Here's the link to the OMW - SD5.10 integration guide.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM19319/binary/servdesk51_integ_admin_pdf

I'm throwing in the SD5.10 Data Exchange Admin guide, you're going to need it to understand the .conf file.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM19312/binary/SD51_Data_Exchange_Administrators_Guide_en_pdf
Ali AK_1
Collector

I got to know the OVO-OVSD mapping attributes and got my issues fixed. thanks for all suggestions.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event