Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Creating a rule or? for a view with multiple requests for a view from the same field

Highlighted
Frank Pate1
Respected Contributor.

Creating a rule or? for a view with multiple requests for a view from the same field

I am inquiring about how to create a view for more than one field extraction as there is not an option for 'and' or 'or'. Example: I am looking to create a view that states all organizations that are equal to "Dept of Admin' and all organizations that are equal to 'Dept of Education' and can't seem to figure out how to as there is NOT an AND option for the advanced find. Help!
6 REPLIES
Michel SILVA SO
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Creating a rule or? for a view with multiple requests for a view from the same field

HI Frank,

Which version of SD are you using? The Window you attach is a not the window I see when creating my Views...

Could you give me more precisions...

Do you have system rights?

Rgds,
Michel
Frank Pate1
Respected Contributor.

Re: Creating a rule or? for a view with multiple requests for a view from the same field

Sure..The system tool is HP Openview Service Desk 4.5 Service Pack 15 running on a Windows 200 Server with Service Pack 4. The following screen shot is the option in the advanced tab that will not work for me.
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Frank,

A simple work round (if you cannot go to a later SP) is to use the organization name field. Then you can use operator "contains OR" with "Dept of Admin" "Dept of Education" on the Advanced tab.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Frank,

With your SD version you cannot use combination of logical operators in views or advanced find. It is supported on SP19 or later.

The only workaround if you don't want to upgrade is to do what Ruth suggested.
menes fhtagn
Frank Pate1
Respected Contributor.

There is no 'OR' option. Please see the attachment and advise. Thank you.
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Frank,

If you use Organization;Name instead of Organization you can do OR - see attached

Hope this helps

Ruth

PS it is usual to give points when people try and help you
http://www.teamultra.net