Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Custom Fields in Service Desk

Highlighted
Vikas Chander T
Collector

Creating Custom Fields in Service Desk

Hi,
I would like to know that in next releases of Service Desk 5.0 or 5.1, will there be a functionality of creating custom fields??

At present I want to develop some forms using which customer could log his IT needs from web and data should get stored in Service Desk database. I am facing a crunch in the fields as available custom fields in Service Call are not suficient to work with.

Is there a way to handle this?? Also I came to know that Newer verions of Service Desk will have options to create N number of custom fileds.

Need your inputs on the same.

Regards
Vikas Tatwani
"Experience is the toughest teacher as it takes Test first and gives lessons afterwards"
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Creating Custom Fields in Service Desk

Hi,

you can create custom fields in Openview to be used for any form. Also the same custom fields can be displayed on the web pages and will act exactly the same.
however in order to display them on the web you will need knowledge of jsp files in order to view and edit the code fields on the web.

There are a number of jsp files that you would need to modify
e.g. for servce calls have a look at the vieweditservciecall.jsp - saveservciecall.jsp

These are located in the following :

\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\webapps\sd-sp45

Thee will be no major modification to Service Pages with Version 5 of OVSD.
Vikas Chander T
Collector

Hi Mark
Thanks for the reply. I hope you didn't get my question right.
What I am asking is to create new custom fields and not using existing custom fields on web. In any case I am using existing custom fields and displaying them on web. Those fields are not enough for me to work with so I require more custom fields.

That is why I am looking for an option of creating new custom fileds.

Regards
Vikas Tatwani
"Experience is the toughest teacher as it takes Test first and gives lessons afterwards"
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

check the following thread - just posted as well. Jasper mentions that there may be a possibility of unlimited custom fields with a later SP

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=982407
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event