Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Custom Code for Urgency Where do I create custom field? Urgent help please

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PaulStuart
Super Collector

Creating Custom Code for Urgency Where do I create custom field? Urgent help please

I created a custom code for urgency which under general and now I need to create the Custom field. Under what label do I create the custom field so it appears under General. Is it underr Change, Configuration Item, Incident, Maintenance Contract, Organisation, Person, Problem, Service, Service Call, Service Level Agreement, Work Order, Work Group. (Also see attachment)
8 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Creating Custom Code for Urgency Where do I create custom field? Urgent help please

Hi Paul,

What exactly do you want to accomplish with this custom field?

For example, if you created a new Priority code under Data-> Codes-> General, then you need to go to each module (Service Call, Incident, etc) and map this new Priority code to its respective duration.

For example, Data-> Codes-> Service Call-> Service Call Priority.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
pr_savage5
Occasional Contributor

Re: Creating Custom Code for Urgency Where do I create custom field? Urgent help please

I want to create a custom field for it so it appears under general. Where do I do thisin the tree see my screen shot this should help.
Sam decosta
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

To add anything under general.

Create a custome code under data->Cusome code then create a new custome field of entity reference type in any module like Service call, incident, Work Order etc. and select entity to New custom code.

It will be available under general.

Thanks,
Avinash
pr_savage5
Occasional Contributor

If there is an easier way of doing it then I would appreciate it. I just need urgency to be available to be available with the field Low, Medium and High to be available under the Service Call and Incident template Please.
Sam decosta
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Two ways.
1). If you want it only in service call and Incident Then create two custom field of Code type under Service call and Incident. Assign them same values like High,low and medium.

2). If you want them to common and can be used in all the modules then Create a Custom code and then create custome field under Service call and Incident. These custome fields should be entity reference tyoe nad should be Entity to your Custom code.
Now it will availble under codes->general.
Now you add values under General like High,Medium and low and it will availble under service call as well as Incident.

Points are welcome :)

Thanks,
Avinash
PaulStuart
Super Collector

Thanks Avinash. One last question. I ticked copy fields box for urgency but it will not copy from the Service Call to Incident using the out of the box action create incident copy value from current record. Any idea why?
Sam decosta
Esteemed Contributor

First where you have marked Urgency in copy fields in service call ot Incident ?
pr_savage5
Occasional Contributor

I've tried both
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event