cancel

Create view for workgroup tree

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gail D
Super Contributor.

Create view for workgroup tree

I need to create a SC view that will show assigned tickets to a parent workgroup and all child workgroups related to the parent.
Example: Network (parent), Switch (child), and Port (child).
When creating the view, I did a filter on Assignment TO workgroup -> in tree to root -> Network. It only returns the parent workgroup. If I filter for each workgroup, Assignment to workgroup = Network
Assignment to workgroup = Switch
Assignment to workgroup = Port
It returns a blank screen. I'm I missing something?
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Create view for workgroup tree

Hello Gail,

I'm kinda lost you. You mean that when use the filter "In tree with root Network" it shows you items but if the filter is "Assignment to Workgroup=Network" or the filter is "Assignment to Workgroup=Switch" or the filter is "Assignment to workgroup=Port" it shows you nothing ?
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Something else. All entries on the "filter" tab are ANDed to each other. So if the filter tab contains all three entries

Assignment to workgroup = Network
Assignment to workgroup = Switch
Assignment to workgroup = Port

it is normal to return nothing.
menes fhtagn
Gail D
Super Contributor.

Correct. If I list all 3 "Assignment to" it returns nothing. but when I use the,
"Assignment to = In tree with Root = Network
It returns only the tickets assigned to the Network group.
I need to see all tickets assigned to the Network, Switch and Port groups in one view.
I verified that Switch and Port are child groups to Network. Basically, the members of the Network, Switch, and Port want to see tickets Assigned to each of the members in one view. Hope that makes since?
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Gail,

You are sure that there are assigned items to Switch and/or Port? because the filter "Assignemet;To Workgroup In tree with root Network" should list assignments to all three groups. We use exctensively "in tree with root" here and it works as it should.
menes fhtagn
Gail D
Super Contributor.

George,

Thanks for your help. It's working now. I was going off of the users word that there were tickets assigne but they couldn't see them. I am using the "in tree with root" in the filter and added Assignment to person to the column. Not sure if that made a difference or not, or whether they didn't have tickets assigned. Anyway, it is working now. Thank you for your time and help.
Gail