Did you mean: 

Create button within service call for 'add work order - copy values'

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Christie Graham
Super Collector

Create button within service call for 'add work order - copy values'

When generating a work order from a service call, i'd like to have a button on the service call form where you can 'add' a work order and have the priority and due date from the service call carry through.
i know there is functionality in the 'action' menu stating 'create work order - copy values from current item', but i'd like to put this action into a button format.
is this possible? and does anyone know where the rule for that action is stored? i cant find it within the admin console...
(running SD4.5 SP13)
9 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Create button within service call for 'add work order - copy values'

Hello
create the button before,
Create UI rule: When a value changes "your button"= YES;Action- System Action "add work order ....."

Vassili
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

First activate a custom boolean field with display format of button; call it "add work order - copy values". Put this on your form.

then set up a UI rule:
when a value changes
Condition: "add work order - copy values"=Yes
Actions:
1. System action: select the 'create work order - copy values from current item'
2. Update data 1: Set "add work order - copy values" to No.

Then name and save the rule.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Christie,

Do you want workorder to be related to service call? If you don't care, just do what Vasili and Ruth told you. But if you want workorder to be related with service call and no one can tamper with that, it is prefered to use the build in "Add Workorder" instead of using any combination of ui rules with system/smart actions.
menes fhtagn
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi George,

I am not sure what you mean - as far as I am aware, if you set the UI rule to fire the system action then it will relate the WO to the SC.

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Ruth,

I stand corrected. The system action relates the workorder and makes the relation read only. If you use some other action (like a smart action with sd_dataform) the relation is also created but it is not read only.
menes fhtagn
Christie Graham
Super Collector

Hey guys

Thanks for the tips - i've been able to create the button now with no worries.

Although, I'm now having problems with formatting it. ideally, i'd like to put the button next to the built-in 'Add Workorder' button, but from the service call form (when changing the layout in the admin console), the work orders box is read only - and i cannot find where i can change that (if it's possible at all).

is there another editable form for this?
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Christie,

Actualy, the "Workorders" is another form. You cannot modify it since it is shared between Service Calls, Problems, Changes and Incidents.

But I'm curius, why don't you use the standard "Add Workorder" button?

You can create a workorder ui rule to copy any field you like from the related service call.

The Workorder UI rule bellow will copy service call's deadline to workorder using the standar "Add Workorder" button.

After new item has been opened
where NOT (Service call;Deadline is empty)
Update fields from related Service Call (Update Data) Deadline set to [Service call Deadline]
menes fhtagn
Christie Graham
Super Collector

Hi

Actually that's great - i think creating a rule from the existing button is a better option (i wasnt sure you could do that)

Thanks!
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Christie,

Glad I helped and since I helped it would be nice to assign some points to the answer that helped you.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event